Summary of Part 1
This section looks at the things you need to do whent the tenant first falls into arrears, and also while the arrears are under the two months / eight weeks limit (which is considered in Part 2).
So we have discussed:
- Making first contact with the tenant and the sort of things you should say (Tab 1)
- The things you could do to help the tenant, if you feel so minded (Tab 2)
- Letters for you to send to your tenant – even if things are resolved, you need to send a letter confirming the situation (Tab 3)
- Reaching agreement – and have some futher letters for you to use (Tab 4)
- We have also considered providing some sort of debt advice to the tenant and maybe referring them to a professional organisation such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.
If all your efforts are to no avail and the tenants rent arrears reach two months / eight weeks or more, it is time to turn to Part 2.